Facing North - This camera is located about 7 nautical miles south of Point Pleasant Park close to Chebucto Head Lighthouse (44°30'7"N, 63°31'12"W).
Chebucto Head forms the most easterly point on the peninsula and is used to define the southwestern limit of Halifax Harbour; historically known to the Mi’kmaq Nation as “Jipugtug”, (anglicised as “Chebucto”) meaning “the biggest harbour”, or simply, “the big harbour”. The first lighthouse at Chebucto Head was built in 1872 with a steam foghorn just below it. It was replaced by a second tower in 1928. This tower was demolished in 1940 and a new lighthouse and combined keeper’s dwelling was built several hundred metres to the north to make way for a gun battery. In 1967 the light was moved from the house to the a new concrete tower which still stands today.