Point Prim Lighthouse
Facing North - This lighthouse marks the entrance to Digby Gut. It is the fourth in a succession of lights built on this location that date back to 1804.
The current Prim Point Lighthouse is the fourth in a succession of lights built on this location that date back to 1804. The 1804 light lasted just four years before burning in 1808, and it wasn’t until 1817 that its replacement was built. The second Prim Point Lighthouse was a square dwelling, painted white with red vertical stripes on its northern and two adjoining sides. The third Prim Point Lighthouse, built in 1874, was a square wooden tower with sloping sides built into the northern end of one-and-a-half-story dwelling with a gabled roof. Red vertical stripes adorned the tower to continue the station’s daymark. The fourth lighthouse on Prim Point was built in the familiar form of a square tower rising from one corner of a one-story, flat-roofed building.