Participate with us online, tell us your story, leave your comments, let us know how you are connected to Nova Scotia. Post about your last or maybe next vacation in Nova Scotia. Let us and others know what you have seen on the web cams, share your experience with your contributions.
What is and isn’t acceptable?
- Please keep your submissions relevant to the website.
- Be civil, polite and respect privacy.
- When you are writing about legal issues, remember that people are innocent until proven guilty (that may mean using words such as “allegedly”).
- Feel free to link internally within the novascotiawebcams.com site as many times as you would like.
- As for external web addresses, we moderate your post first and until not approved your post will be hidden.
- Lengthy excerpts from other posts or websites. We want to read your own experience, opinion and comment.
- Racist, sexist and offensive language.
- Personal attacks and defamatory statements.
- Breaking copyright rules (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution).
- Violating someone’s privacy.
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act.
- Insensitive comments regarding the death or injury of private individuals.
- POSTING YOUR MESSAGE IN CAPS (this makes it difficult to read and in online speak is considered yelling).
- Posting press releases and commercial promotions.
- Any political or religious comments.
- Chat style.
If you violate any of these rules, then your comment will not be posted or removed without any notice and your account may be suspended.
How do I comment?
Comments are solicited at the bottom of most web pages of novascotiawebcams.com. In most cases, you need to log in or create an account before commenting. You can use various predefined logins from other services or create an account with one of the offered services.
What about including personal information in comments?
Your username and a link to your profile of the service you used, may appear with your comment. If sharing more about yourself is relevant, go ahead.
However, we do ask that you don’t include personal information in comments, such as phone numbers and e-mail addresses. You can update your profile and username at any time. Any updates may be retroactive and be associated with all your comments made previously.
How are comments moderated?
Most comments are pre-moderated. That means that we read them before they are published to make sure they adhere to our guidelines. We will do our best to get them up promptly. We won’t edit your comments but to ensure that your comment is posted, we do ask that you follow these rules to create a thriving conversation.
In cases where comments are post-moderated across novascotiawebcams.com, the comments will go up immediately and we review them after they are published.
In cases where comments are reactively moderated across novascotiawebcams.com, the comments will go up immediately and may be removed if they violate our submission guidelines.
All published comments are subject to reactive moderation.
What if I see a comment I don’t like?
If you think a comment violates our guidelines, that’s your opportunity to respond. If you feel someone has broken the guidelines, click on the “Flag” link found at the bottom of every message when your mouse pointer is over the message and indicate the problem. We’ll investigate.
Moderation vs. Censorship and Freedom of Speech
Owner of moderated internet forums or comment boards sometimes face accusations of censorship and violating Freedom of Speech when deleting user comments. However, moderation on a private website is NOT censorship. If your comment was deleted or not published at all, there might be a reason. If you still want to publish it, you can express your thoughts on your own website. There is Freedom of Speech in this country.
How will you use my submissions?
Your submissions may be published on various parts of novascotiawebcams.com, and may even be included in our blog, testimonials, advertisements and marketing.
We reserve the right to identify you by name and city of residence when using your submissions (i.e. John Doe from Toronto says…).
By submitting your content, you grant us the non-exclusive right to use your content royalty-free.